Aligning with the right expertise will save you valuable energy
All workplaces have a job to do. An actual KPI. A true workplace must support and drive motivation, engagement and productivity. Otherwise, it isn’t a workplace; it’s just a place that people come to work.
When your business is considering a relocation or a new office fit-out, the potential of the workplace site should be explored first. It should have the capacity for your staff to perform well and be their best selves, now and into the future. Office fit-out company Evoke Projects explains how aligning with the right expertise in the early days can save you valuable time, energy and money.
A WELL workplace maximises results
At Evoke Projects, from the outset, our office designers embrace the WELL Building Standard concepts: Air, Water, Nourishment, Light, Movement, Thermal Comfort, Sound, Materials, Mind and Community. WELL is focused on the ways that buildings and communities, and everything in them, can improve our comfort, drive better choices and enhance our health and wellness. This is how a ‘place to work’ becomes a ‘workplace’. It transforms into an office environment where people want to work. Your new office fit-out will inspire, engage and motivate your employees every day.
Value engineering for a bright future
Value engineering extracts the best value from a project throughout its lifetime. There are many contributors to a new office fit-out project, including people, regulators and site factors. Any one of these can cause a delay, a budget blowout or a disappointment. This can be avoided by planning thoroughly for your end goal. To quote Stephen Covey from his book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, we must ‘begin with the end in mind’.
Bringing together project managers, architects, workplace designers and builders to value engineer an office fit-out project at the earliest stage means that you can make an educated decision before purchasing or leasing a site.
Value engineering will deliver a very successful fit-out project.
- The best site choice
- Office fit-out on time and to budget
- Person-centred workplace design for optimal physical and mental well-being
- Work environment that supports operational objectives
- Workplace that attracts and retains the best talent
- Workplace fit-out that reflects the brand and culture you want to promote
- Future-proof and scalable
The final result is a workplace that is committed to its personal KPIs.
Seek first to understand and then be understood
To continue with Mr Covey’s wise words, ‘Seek first to understand and then be understood’ is the best office design approach. A thorough exploration phase underpins true value engineering. This stage of the office fit-out process is where you have real opportunity to save future time, energy and money.
Evoke Projects has a distinct ‘Explore’ phase for every workplace fit-out:
- Establish the project vision and briefWe start with a detailed dissection of who you are as an organisation, your team, your business goals, your desired outcomes and what you stand for. We will seek to understand your business functionality and processes. Our workplace designers listen and learn, by way of one-on-one meetings with your key team members, as well as team surveys. If we listen and understand, we will deliver the ultimate personalised solution for your office design and fit-out.
There are crucial further steps in the Explore phase:
- Identify timescale, critical dates and schedule
- Space planning, building footprint and review of approved DA, including a site survey
- Initial office design concepts including 3D concepts and Virtual Reality walkthrough
- Define the scope and present the budget so that you have a clear idea of costs
These five steps come together to ensure you can make a truly educated decision on the site and office fit-out plans. Understanding the timing, costs and office design concepts before committing to a site or a lease is an opportunity not to be missed.
Let the Evoke Projects office design team partner with you to create an environment that helps you attract and retain clients and star performers to increase your organisation’s overall success. Please call Evoke Projects on 1300 720 692 to find out more.