A holistic approach to wellbeing
Research has shown that people who are healthy and passionate about a company will be more motivated to perform well. Considering that humans can represent up to 90% of the cost of doing business, it makes economic sense
to focus on workplace health and well-being during your next office fit-out or refurbishment.
What is wellbeing?
Wellness and well-being are not the same thing. Well-being encapsulates a holistic whole-of-life experience, whereas wellness refers just to physical health.
The WELL Building Standard
The WELL Building Standard is leading the change towards building designs that advance work health and well-being. It is about more than just work health and safety; it includes mental health in the workplace and focuses on ten essential ‘human’ concepts that the team at Evoke Projects are passionate about promoting to our clients.
As humans, we have always been dependent on our environments to nurture and sustain us. We need water, air and light to survive. We need good water, good air and good light to thrive. We also need comfort and good mental health for positive workplace well-being and to help us be productive.
We build structures to protect ourselves – from nature and other forces. And we spend increasing amounts of time in
these structures, living more than 90% of our lives indoors. Our buildings are designed to keep us safe, to protect us
from the elements. But many of the places where we spend our time also get in the way of our health and well-being.
WELL v2 Certification
Whilst Certification is not for every client, the principles of WELL for workplace health are sound and can be embraced on every office fit-out or refurbishment project for the benefit of your team and the ultimate success of your organisation. Following the initial pilot, the current version, WELL v2, consolidates previous iterations into one WELL for all project types. The office design and fit-out team at Evoke Projects can provide more information about work health and safety, WELL concepts, benchmarks and their effect on workplace well-being.
WELL v2 is founded on the following principles:
• Equitable: Provides the greatest benefit to the greatest number of people, inclusive of all demographic and economic groups and with special consideration of groups of the least advantage or vulnerable populations.
• Global: Proposes interventions that are feasible, achievable and relevant across many applications throughout
• Evidence-based: Undergirded by strong, validated research yielding conclusions that can reasonably be expected to receive acceptance by the scientific community.
• Technically robust: Draws upon industry best practices and proven strategies, offering consistency in findings
across the relevant field or discipline.
• Customer-focused: Defines program requirements through a dynamic process, with multiple opportunities for
stakeholder engagement, and by tapping the expertise of established leaders in science, medicine, business, design and operations.
• Resilient: Responds to advances in scientific knowledge and technology, continuously adapting and integrating
new findings in the field.
The benefits of WELL are proven:
For the team:
• Increase workplace well-being
• Increase engagement
• Increase productivity
• Improve personal satisfaction, fulfilment and happiness at work
For the organisation:
• Attract and retain top talent
• Create and maintain a positive culture
• Achieve return on investment through increased productivity and results
• Become an industry leader in your field through proven commitment to your people
• A new office fit-out will give your staff a refreshed mind and attitude as well as a refreshed office. Even a smallscale office refurbishment could improve workplace health and well-being. Please call Evoke Projects on 1300
720 692 to find out about office designs that focus on well-being and assist mental health in the workplace.